The Luiss School of European Political Economy offers 1 full scholarship and 4 partial scholarships for attending the 2022-2023 edition of the Master in European Economic Governance (MEEG). In particular, the candidate awarded 1 full scholarship will be exempted from the payment of the full tuition fee (EUR 8000). Those awarded one of the 4 partial scholarships will be exempted from the payment of 50% of the full tuition fee (EUR 4000).
Procedures for the Assignment of the Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded by a Committee appointed by the Master’s Director (or his/her delegate) and 1 additional member (or his/her delegate).
The process consists of two phases:
The Committee will proceed to a pre-selection based on the application documents submitted during the application phase:
- An EU second cycle university degree or equivalent, or eligible non-EU four-year university degree with at least 240 ECTS
- Curriculum studiorum : up to 20 points
- Professional curriculum: up to 20 points
- Language skills: up to 10 points.
This documentation must be uploaded to the portal (GAS access) by September 25, 2022.
The Committee will identify a list of suitable candidates to be called for an interview. Only candidates who have obtained a score equal to or greater than 45 points in the pre-selection phase will be admitted to the interview.
Pre-selected candidates will be informed about the interview by email to the address indicated in the application document. Luiss Guido Carli declines any responsibility for the incorrect receipt of the communication on the candidate’s email address.
Interviews will be held on a case-by-case basis. The Committee has the right to anticipate or postpone the date and timing of scheduled interviews by informing the candidates in advance exclusively by email. In this case, too, Luiss Guido Carli declines all responsibility for the incorrect receipt of the communication on the candidate’s email address.
Interviews will only be held online through one of the commonly used digital platforms, including Skype, MS Teams or Cisco Webex. It is the candidate’s sole responsibility to equip himself/herself with the necessary technological tools for the online interviews.
Failure to participate (for any reason) in the online interview determines the immediate withdrawal from the entire selection procedure.
Upon completion of the interviews, the Committee will determine the final ranking of those eligible to receive a full and partial scholarships. The ranking will take into consideration the following criteria:
- curriculum studiorum: up to 20 points
- professional curriculum: up to 20 points
- language skills: up to 10 points
- interview: up to 50 points
Selected candidates will need to formally accept the scholarship through the payment of 48 euros (not included in the tuition fee) to cover mandatory government revenue stamps.
Should one of the selected candidates refuse one of the scholarships, these will be awarded to the next suitable applicant in the ranking.
Duties of the Assignees of the Exemptions
Scholarship awardees are required to behave according to the highest-level academic standards and personal integrity. Attendance of the Master courses is compulsory. Absences are not allowed for professional and personal reasons. Should the awardee not live up to these standards, he/she will be asked to pay the full amount of the tuition fee in order to complete the Master.
Processing of Personal Data
Luiss Guido Carli, as Data Controller, collects and processes the information of the interested parties in full compliance with the general principles and rules established by the legislation on the protection of personal data (Legislative Decree 196/03 and EU Regulation 2016/679).
- The treatment is functional to the correct execution of the procedures of the announcement relating to the master and the obligations connected and consequent to the same: the characteristics of the treatment are brought to the attention, by means of suitable information, of the interested party, who is also requested to consent to the processing of his/her information, if necessary in relation to the purposes pursued by the Data Controller.
- At any time, the interested party may exercise the rights recognized by law (such as, by way of example, the right to the access, rectification, cancellation, limitation and portability of data) by contacting the Data Controller, Luiss Guido Carli, Viale Pola , 12- 00198 – Rome, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .