The master’s program is divided into two terms. The first term focuses on providing essential analytical and macroeconomic tools, as well as on the internal market of the EU and related key regulatory issues. In the second term, courses concentrate on the regulation of banking and capital markets, corporate governance, consumer protection, energy, and the environment.
In the 2023-2024 edition of the Master, classes will be held on Monday (from 09.00 to 18.00), Tuesday ((from 09.00 to 18.00) and Wednesday (from 09.00 to 14.00).
The 2023/2024 edition of MEEG is organized in two terms as follows:
- 30 hours of preliminary courses (economics, mathematics, statistics)
- October 2022 – December 2022: First term courses
- January -February 2023: First term exams
- March 2023 – April 2023: Second term courses
- May 2023: Second term exams
- June 2023 – November 2023: Elective internship (to be scheduled with the organization) and thesis (research paper)
Term 1 (October – December, exams in January)
- European Economic Governance
- Internal Market and Competition
- Architecture of the International Monetary System
- European Macroeconomic Policies –Fiscal Policies
- Seminar series: The political economy of international governance. Global and European aspects
Term 2 (March – April):
- Trade Policy and Custom Union
- Economics and Regulation of European Banking
- Digital Single Market and EU strategy for digital trasformation
- Energy and Environment
- Sustainable Finance
- Antitrust and Public Policies: a European Perspective
Students will also select maximum two additional elective courses from those offered by the Master in European Studies and the Master in International Public Affairs organized by Luiss School of Government.
Students will also be asked to attend, as part of their mandatory academic training, research seminars organized by the Institute for European Policy and Analysis and Luiss School of Government, as well as course on advanced research methodology.
Finally, students will need to complete a final master thesis.